Canadian Association of Rent to Own Professionals Membership Application
Code of Conduct
All members of CAROP commit themselves to:
- Uphold the principles of the Canadian Association of Rent to Own Professionals
- Provide full disclosure to clients regarding disposition of their deposits in case of default or failure to exercise their option
- Ensure that all Rent to Own activities are performed within the scope and intent of the law in each member’s province, city, municipality, etc.
- Advise clients to get their own legal advice or sign a waiver if they choose not to
- Include a mandatory credit coaching program that assists clients toward mortgage eligibility
- Actively and passively promote other members in good standing
- A “no spamming” policy
- Conform to the Canadian Access to Information Act and Canadian Privacy Act
- Share client information only with the client’s written consent, and for the purpose of conducting Rent to Own/Real Estate investing business
- Treat all members with courtesy and professionalism at all times; and Report offending members to the Board of Directors.
- Offenders will be investigated and could be subject to potential suspension or expulsion.